Our Roundtable is partnering with the TN Dept. of Economic & Community Development (ECD) this spring to engage with employers on apprenticeships throughout Tennessee. This partnership with ECD is one of the principal ways in which our Roundtable is actively pursuing the following objective during 2018:
To secure the skilled and productive workforce needed to sustain and grow Tennessee’s economy, TBR actively supports innovative collaboration between businesses, governments, schools, and communities to create and improve Early Post-Secondary Opportunities (EPSOs), work-based learning programs, and apprenticeship programs that are strongly aligned to our state’s current and future workforce needs.
Beginning at a series of regional two-hour sessions at five locations this month, ECD, TBR and other partners will engage stakeholders to:
- Develop a shared understanding of the value of apprenticeships in workforce development;
- Inventory existing apprenticeship efforts;
- Identify and develop apprenticeship best practices; and
- Achieve consensus on how all TN stakeholders will work together to increase the quality, value and availability of apprenticeships in our state.
The ECD Apprenticeship Listening Tour schedule:
- TCAT Smyrna – Tuesday, March 13, 9:30-11:30am CDT
- Jackson State Comm. College – Monday, March 19, 9:00-11:00am CDT
- Southwest State Comm. College, Memphis – Monday, March 19, 2:00-4:00pm CDT
- RCAM, Kingsport – Tuesday, March 27, 8:30-10:30am EDT
- TCAT Athens – Tuesday, March 27, 2:30-4:30pm EDT
Action Steps for TBR Members & other interested organizations:
- See today’s TN ECD Press Release (below; also attached PDF) for additional details.
- Click HERE to complete your complimentary registration for a tour session near you.
- Save the Date: TN ECD’s Apprenticeship Summit – Tuesday, May 22, Nelson Andrews Leadership Lodge, Nashville